Thursday, May 28, 2009

PB Wiki - Yum

I see that I have three followers. Hopefully I can make this blog something worth reading!

This post will be shorter than my last one. I don' t have as much to say about PB Wiki. Accessing and typing into the post was the easy part. I had more difficult coming up with the six reasons to love my library:) Even though I felt frustrated because I couldn't come up with a simple list, I ended up learning why PB Wiki is a useful collaborative tool. I looked at other people's additions to the post and got some ideas from them. Brilliant!

I had some difficult using there editing tools though. I wanted to make my post look like the others, but it took too long. PB wiki didn't have a way to copy and paste text. I'm used to selecting text and then right-clicking to cut/copy/paste. It took me a while to get used to using the "Edit" menu.

One digression, I really like how Blogger auto saves this post as a draft every few minutes as I type. Blogger makes it difficult to lose text- yay.

Anyway, the only other major thing that I learned about PB Wiki- after I completed my post, by the way- is that only one person can access/ edit the post at the same time. My co-worker told me about this after I commented that I got a message during one editing session about someone else who was accessing the post at the same time I was, so I couldn't get through to edit my part. I hit yes to, in essence, kick the other person off of the site. When I found out why the message popped up and what I did to the other user, I felt bad. I didn't mean to kick the person off, all I wanted to do was get rid of some extra blank lines to make my post take up less space. Oopps. Now I know in case I ever use PB Wiki at another time.

A recurring theme so far is that I'm making these exercises more complicated than they need to be since I feel pressure to do a good job and represent myself as a competent person. The drawback is that I'm taking up too much time and stressing out too much over this endeavor. Next week, I resolve to relax and manage my time better.

I'm looking forward to next week.

1 comment:

  1. I think we're always harder on ourselves than anyone could ever be on us. If you figure out how to relax, let me know, as this is one of my ongoing challenges!!!!!

    Glad the wiki-ing went well...

    ReplyDelete